Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Finally Updating The Blog!!!

I can't believe that I let this go for so long. So as I sit here enjoying a snow day I thought it would be a great time to get caught up!
First of all, a very special thank you to all of those who contributed to the teachers Bonus Fund. As always, I am overwhelmed by your generosity. And to those who have given gifts to me personally, I thank you! I know that with so many people to buy for, thinking of me is quite an honor and I am so grateful for your thoughtfulness.
We have been learning about the works and miracles of Jesus this week. I want so much for your children to know just how wonderful and loving our Savior is. We have also started discussing different character qualities. We started with courtesy, then well mannered. In the next two weeks we will be discussing obedience and respectfulness. Ask them about these different character qualities. I hope they have been practicing them at home.
I have also been talking to them about Fairy Tales and how they differ from the stories we read from God's Word. Prov. 30:5 says" Every word of God is pure, He is a shield unto those who put their trust in Him." God's Word is so powerful and as these children grow I want them to know that they can always seek it's wisdom to help them grow in Christ!
Valentine's Day will be upon us soon. Our party will be on Monday, Feb 14. A sign up sheet will be out soon. We will be making a Friendship Salad. Each child will be allowed to bring in a fruit to add into the salad. We will be cutting and chopping and having a good time in the home area. I will also be sending home a class list. It will be helpful if any cards your child brings in, come in before the party so we don't have everyone trying to put them in the bags at the same time. You can help your child do this or Mrs. Jessica and Mrs. Boone can help them.
LADIES: If you are free on Saturday, the 29th, my church is having a Blast From the Past Fashion Show and Fellowship. Ladies are asked to dress in clothing styles from the past. I am doing the 60's!! There will be food, skits and a short devotional. Please come , it should be a BLAST! Let me know if you are interested. It starts at 5:00 at Fellowship Baptist Church in Ferndale.
If you are looking for an extracurricular activity for your children, my church also has a Master Clubs program on Friday nights at 7:00. It is like the Awanas Program offered at Faith. Children from age 4 through grade 6 are invited to attend. Each Friday night through May you can bring your children, and you and your husband can have a night out. Our Master Club staff will take good, loving care of your children until you return. My daughter Megan, Mrs. Jessica and I help out there as well. See me if you would like more details. The program is run by Mrs. Jessica's husband who is the Associate Pastor at our church.
If you did not get a phone call from the One Call Now about school closings, please see Mrs. Colleen to update your phone number.
Don't forget to send in your child's reader each day.
Registration for Kindergarten is underway. Please consider FBCDC for Kindergarten. Mrs. Judy, is a sweet, Godly woman and an excellent teacher.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you Miss Donna! Izzy is doing great, here's a photo of her kissing a pony from last weekend!

    ReplyDelete